Associate Professor of English and Women's & Gender Studies
- Civil Racism: The 1992 Los Angeles Rebellion and the Crisis of Racial Burnout. Minneapolis: University of Minnesota Press, 2016.
- “Proximal Subjects: Framing the Bystander and the Visuality of Vulnerability,” special issue “Revaluing the Human: The Moral Economy of Human Rights.” Prose Studies 38.1 (2016): 93-115.
- “Science Fiction and Speculative Worlds.” A History of California Literature. Ed. Blake Allmendinger. Cambridge: Cambridge UP, 2015. 371-384.
- “The Autobiographical IOU: Elizabeth Warren’s Debtor-Citizen and the Reliably Liable Life Narrative.” Biography 37.1 (Winter 2014): 93-123.
- “United States, Inc.: Citizens United and the Shareholder Citizen.” Kalfou: A Journal of Comparative and Relational Ethnic Studies 1.2 (Fall 2014): 114-137.